« Google videoBig Brother IS Watching »

Grad Nite

I did my first Grad Nite last night. It was pretty darn fun actually. I only had to work until 3 AM though so it wasn't too bad. The only problem was that this Grad Nite wasn't even close to the attendence of every other one to come. It consisted of schools from out of town and out of state and there were only about 2,000 people in the park. We are expecting upwards of 25,000 for our bigger nights. I walked around the park a bit and I have never seen it so empty, even during other private parties. It was pretty darn cool. In case you are wondering, I still haven't heard about the lead position. I was told hopefully sometime this weekend, so here's hoping.

posted by brendoman | 05/12/06| 03:54:55 pm| Disneyland|

Comment from: Jonathan [Visitor]

Private parties? You can rent Disneyland for a private party? Only in the middle of the night or what?

How much is it the rent the entire park?

05/13/06 @ 10:17
Comment from: brendoman [Member]   · http://brendoman.com

I’m not sure how much it costs, but various large corporations rent out the park or parts of it all the time. The parties are during the weekday and usually run from closing (8 or 9 usually) until whenever, sometimes midnight, others run until the wee hours of the morning. The most famous private party ever was probably Elizabeth Taylor’s birthday party several years ago. She rented out the park for a few million dollars and invited about a thousand people. Every year we have the Disney Family Holiday party which is a private party for cast members for two nights. It’s pretty darn awesome. There are usually less than 12,000 people in the park each night. That might sound like a lot, but an average weekday at Disneyland brings in upwards of 20,000 people while the weekends can bring 40,000+

05/14/06 @ 05:55
Comment from: wendytime [Member]

I remember my grad nite. Packed. We stood in lines almost the entire time. But, being high schoolers, it was exciting just to be out late together.

05/15/06 @ 10:14
Comment from: josh [Visitor]

Hey brendo, we never actually got to say much of a “hi” at disney’s front gate. it was on april 21st when i was there with my band for a festival. i think you were on your way to help someone with a crisis.

On topic: for our grad nite, we rented out the rec center at CSUF (before it got renovated and “nicened” up)

05/16/06 @ 16:18
Comment from: brendoman [Member]   · http://brendoman.com

Yeah, some lady practically killed herself when she slipped on the wet pavement. Insanity.

Our school actually got blacklisted from Grad Niter permanently somehow back in the 80’s so we went to Disneyland during the day during our “Senior Week” and then we had a huge deal at our school which was actually totally awesome.

05/17/06 @ 04:09